- Monday – Friday 9 AM – 4:30PM
- You can also contact the HABC via telephone/fax at:
Tel: 201-336-7600 Fax: 201-336-7660
- Walk-ins are not permitted.
- 2018 Holiday Schedule
- The Housing Choice Voucher Program or Section 8, as it is more commonly known, is a federally funded government program that assists very low-income families, elderly and disabled people in affording decent, safe and sanitary housing in the private market.
- The Housing Choice Voucher Program wait list at the HABC is unfortunately closed and we are unable to anticipate when the list will be opened. Applications are not available at this time.
- The HABC will advertise via local newspapers and on our website when applications become available, how you can request or receive an application, qualification requirements, and deadlines to submit applications for open waiting lists.
- The HABC no longer processes COAH applications. For information on COAH units please contact the town directly or click the link below:
- Status requests may be submitted in writing to the below address.
HABC Attn: Status
One Bergen County Plaza 2nd fl.
Hackensack, NJ 07601
- You may also fill out this online form.
- The HABC cannot predict wait times. Variables such as funding and unit or voucher availability affect the waiting time. When funding is available, a unit or voucher is available and your name reaches the top of the wait list you will be contacted to complete your eligibility review.
- No, at the time of application you will not be required to provide documentation. The Housing Authority will request documentation necessary to verify the information on your application (e.g., birth certificates, social security cards, tax returns, income, etc.) as part of the application review process.
- All applications received are reviewed for eligibility based on the requirements for waiting list applied to and the information provided on the initial application. You will receive a written notification either confirming your placement on the wait list or denying your placement on the wait list which will also indicate the reason you were denied.
- If you need to meet with your caseworker you must schedule an appointment. Please contact your caseworker directly to schedule an appointment. You may locate the contact information for your caseworker on our website’s Contact Us section or by calling 201-336-7600.
- Walk-ins not permitted.